Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Japanese Music - Perfume

From time to time I'll bring you a Japanese musical artist that catches my attention and would probably be worth your time to listen to. For the most part, don't expect many Japanese people to know about these artists since I tend to like some pretty weird and rare music.

Perfume is the first major label group that I've heard and liked since I've been in Japan. I found out about them from an ex-girlfriend and they're by the far the most poppy and girly group I've ever heard. However, Perfume's teeny-bop is steeped in Electronica and House which is why I took a liking to it. I can really only take listening to one or two of their songs before I get fed up. I wouldn't say that they're great...only interesting mainly because of the production behind them.

Here's a link to a fansite I found.

Here's is a video of the only song I really like called "Electro World."




No comments: