Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Tuesday Typhoon

On Monday afternoon another English teacher casually mentioned that a Typhoon was on it's way in and that it would rain the next day. Little did I know that I was in for one of the most difficult walks to work ever.

From my apartment, I have about a 20 minute walk to the train station. When I arrive at my stop, I have another 20 minute walk uphill, with no sidewalks, fighting my way through foot traffic while trying not to get hit as the cars pass. Also, on Mondays and Fridays I have to carry an extra pair of shoes with me to wear in school. Most days it's no big deal as you can get used to just about anything, but that day looked like something from the News when they send the rookie weather reporter out to interview the storm during hurricane season.

The wind was far too strong to use an umbrella most of the way, so I arrived completely soaked to the bone in a three-piece suit. Later that day, the weather cleared up completely with no trace of what went down that morning.

Whatever.

Brad

Music: Myspace.com/TheNationalPool
Email: thenationalpool@gmail.com
Pictures: Flicker/TheNationalPool

No comments: