Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend In Tokyo

Friday after work I took a quick nap and then headed up to Shinjuku to meet Eriko again. I ended up being quite late after taking the wrong train for part of the way. We went to get some Katsudon and then took a walk around Shinjuku at around midnight or so. We went to check out Korean town and then a store called Don Quixote, or Donkey as it's pronounced in Japan.

It was a pretty interesting store with a wide variety of items from ultra-kawaii (cute) home furniture to groceries and sex items. Kinda of like a Spencer's meets Wal-Mart kinda thing. It's certainly a good time but most of the conversation went down like this:

Eriko: "Ahhh, kawaii!"
Me: "Yup."
Pause for 30 sec...
Eriko: "Oooo, kawaii!"
Me: "Uh-huh."
Etc.

Image

The next evening I met up with Eric and we pre-gamed for awhile at the train station while waiting for some other friends to show up. Surprisingly several hours flew by as I'm sure both of us were just happy to be able to speak English for a change. By the time everybody else arrived, the trains had stopped running so we took a cab over to Roppongi to go clubbing. We went to a bar first where we only stayed for a few minutes, but long enough to see some craziness go down.

If you're at all unfamiliar, apparently Roppongi, which means "Six Trees," is famous for foreign guys picking up Japanese women. Well after only five minutes in this bar, Eric went to use the bathroom and heard a German guy getting his groove on with some woman. Within minutes a crowd formed outside the bathroom and security busted up the love fest. The Japanese woman looked completely ashamed and left while the German dude just laughed it off and went to the bar to get another drink if I remember correctly.

From there we went to a dance club with about 3 or 4 floors that looked exactly the same. I got separated from the group for quite some time which wasn't very fun. Finally we met back up and danced to some decent music for awhile. Being a music fanatic, I get kinda picky when it comes to music selection. All in all, we busted some moves and had a good time.

We left the club at about 5am or so and I took the train back to Shinjuku to go to Eriko's place. Friday night however I forgot to charge my cell phone so my battery was dead and I wasn't too sure about where she lived and knew I couldn't even enter the building once I got there because of the security code. After wandering aimlessly and occasionally get hassled by creeps if I wandered down a bad street, I finally met a dude and his girlfriend who helped me find the apartment. After we finally got there, I had to yell "Eriko!" at the building until she woke up and was none too happy about me making the noise. Whatever. We all hung out for awhile at Eriko's place and I played some guitar for everybody as best I could at that hour without any sleep.

On Sunday I met up with Dewi and a cello player and we practiced for the show in June. It should be pretty interesting as it's classical music and I haven't really played much serious music live before. Later on I finally arrived back home exhausted and slept the rest of the day.

This coming Saturday is Sport's Day at one of my schools and then another cookout at Enoshima which should be pretty fun.

Laterz - Brad

Music: Myspace.com/TheNationalPool
Email: thenationalpool@gmail.com
Pictures: Flicker/TheNationalPool

----------------
Now playing: Kid 606 - GQ On The EQ
via FoxyTunes


No comments: