Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cafe Au Lait by UCC - Drink Review

There isn't anything particularly special about Cafe Au Lait made by a company called UCC, however I think that the whole small coffee thing in Japan is pretty cool.

Image

This specific coffee is the brand I drink every morning before leaving for work. Essentially what it is is coffee with creamer already added to it. I get about 10 of these at a time from the 100 yen store for 50 yen (about $0.50) a piece and keep them cold in the fridge. They go down pretty quick and smooth when kept cold and usually I don't even taste it but just chug it.

These small pre-mixed coffees are also abundant on the street through vending machines at the much higher cost of about 100 yen to 150 yen for 1 can. They are usually pretty hot when you buy them from the vending machines. There are countless brands, but according to the slogan, "Boss Coffee is the boss of them all since 1992."

Image

Before I found them in stores, I spent way too much money on these things from vending machines. I suppose the only bad part about buying them in stores is that you really can't heat them up at all, but they still taste great when served cold.

Final Decision: 3.7 out of 5



No comments: