Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pizza-La - Food Review

When I saw Pizza-La from Doritos at Lawson I was so taken in by the bag that I just had to try it. Unfortunately, it was quite underwhelming.

Image

One would think judging by the picture on the bag that perhaps there was some kind of awesome chip/fake pizza hybrid waiting for you to enjoy. I sure did so I handed over my 147 yen without hesitation. Even the English slogan says "All the taste and toppings you want on a pizza straight from our oven to your door." I was later surprised to find there were no toppings at all, let alone "all the toppings [I] want on a pizza."

What I did find however was just an overpriced small bag of regular-ass Doritos that just tasted a little funny. They looked exactly like every other kind of Doritos I've ever had, and nothing like the picture at all. They were Doritos after all so it wasn't a total failure. I soon got used to the "Seafood Italiana" flavor, if that even is a specific kind of flavor. I think I was just left feeling tricked, but it was worth it to try out some new food from Japan.

Final Decision: 1.5 out of 5

Music: Myspace.com/TheNationalPool
Email: thenationalpool@gmail.com
Pictures: Flicker/TheNationalPool

No comments: