Saturday, June 7, 2008

Volleyball and Fujisawa

This past week I spent quite a bit of time in Fujisawa at Enoshima beach and the usual bars around Fujisawa. Wednesday I had the day off so when Rory got off work early we went to the beach to wander around. We found a small skate park where I tried to remember how to skate. It's been far too long though and I don't really have any skill anymore.

Later as the sun set, we joined up with some people who were playing volleyball and played for about an hour or so. My team dropped the ball quite a bit because, perhaps out of politeness, we could never figure out who was going to go for the ball. It was a good time though, here's a picture:

Image

Last Friday Eric and I hit up the beach early and decided to try walk the same roads I did last time, but this time without Rory's navigational skills. I got us a little lost but it was a nice walk. By the time we made it to the beach, there wasn't really anybody playing volleyball. After hanging at the beach for awhile, we headed back into Fujisawa proper to meet up with Rory for drinks. We ended up staying out for awhile but apparently Friday nights aren't very lively in Japan for some reason. Nonetheless it was a good time.

Image

Saturday morning Eric and I went back to the beach for awhile to walk around. I'm really looking forward to spending a lot of this summer there. There are already a ton of bars being built right on the beach and there are several love hotels within sight. Should be fun.

I've got another busy week of work coming up that I'm not really looking forward to, but by mid-July I'll be on break for about a month and a half. I'm out!

Music: Myspace.com/TheNationalPool
Email: thenationalpool@gmail.com
Pictures: Flicker/TheNationalPool

----------------
Now playing: imaginary baseball league - i am right
via FoxyTunes

No comments: